This recipe is a party in your mouth, a holiday party that is. A little bit of apple, a little bit of cinnamon and a little bit of crunch. You got everything in one serving. Great for a breakfast, after workout or dessert. Serves 4 Serving Size: ¾ cup
4 apples -variety of your choice. I used gala for this recipe
1/4 cup almond flour
1/8 cup shredded coconut
½ cup vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup egg whites
3 packets Stevia (optional)
Optional: 1 tablespoon of low fat greek yogurt (not dairy free)
1. Peel, core, and chop apples into cubes. Place in bottom of slow cooker and sprinkle with cinnamon.
2. Mix the almond flour, shredded coconut, vanilla protein powder and 1 tbsp cinnamon together until mixed well.
3. Add apple sauce to mixture and blend together until it becomes crumbly.
4. Top the apples with the cinnamon mixture and slow cook for 2-3 hours.
5. Scoop out apples and the crumble topping and place on a plate.
6. Drizzle a little unsweetened vanilla almond milk or 1 tablespoon greek yogurt (not dairy free) and enjoy!
Nutritional InformationCalories: 176
Protein: 8.9 grams
Fats: 4.7 grams
Carbs: 28.5 grams
Sugar: 17.5 grams
One Response to “Apple Protein Slow Cooker Crisp”