I usually use this recipe for a quick dinner — most of the time we’ll use chicken. I love how fast and easy this is — and it tastes great! Serves 3
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup of onion
1 red pepper
1 cup of slice portobello mushrooms
1 pound lean beef top round steak, or cut into thin strips or cut up chicken in strips
8 ounces snow peas
1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium high heat.
3. Stir-fry ginger and garlic for 30 seconds. Add the steak and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until evenly browned. 4. Add the snow peas, onions, red peppers and mushrooms to the stir-fry for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
6. Lower heat and simmer until the sauce is thick and smooth.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutritional InformationCalories: 319