I am such a sucker for lettuce wraps. They are so low in carbs so I become a bottomless pit, stuffing my face without any kind of guilt. And when it’s an exact PF Chang’s replica that can be made in 20 minutes or less – well, that just means I’m having making this at least once a week! I hope you enjoy this yummy, recipe as much as I. Makes 4 servings.
1 lbs. extra lean ground chicken
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons ginger root, finely grated
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon soy sauce-low sodium
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup chopped shallots
1 head of butter lettuce leaves, washed, dried, chilled.
1. Sauté bell pepper in oil for two minutes.
2. Add turkey, green onions, ginger, red pepper flakes and garlic.
3. Stir while cooking for 5-10 minutes, until turkey is no longer pink.
4. Add soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
5. Heat thoroughly for one minute.
6. Place the turkey mixture into each lettuce leaf. Roll up tightly and serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationCalories: 280
Protein: 15 grams
Fats: 6 grams
Carbs: 18 grams
Sugar: 2 grams