I love this recipe, I always think that a chili should have beans in it but when I made this recipe I decided it still can be chili without the beans. Let’s be honest bean’s can give some people unwanted gas. Well, lets just say that my newborn really can’t handle the beans, and she is much too young to add Beano (R) to her diet. So this is a perfect meal for me and my daughter, or whoever else needs to stay away from the beans…This recipe will make 6 servings, and the serving size is 2 cups.
2 lbs. 90% ground beef
1 large zucchini
1 medium sized sweet onion
1 tsp. of coconut oil
2 red hot peppers
1 large can of crushed tomatoes
1 small can of tomato paste
½ cup water
3-4 tablespoons of chili powder
1 tbsp. of granulated garlic
1 tbsp. of paprika
3 tsp. salt
1. Chop up the zucchini, red hot peppers and onion.
2. Let your coconut oil melt down on medium heat and add your onion and a big pan (use the same pan for the chili). Once the onion is cooking down season with a dash of your salt and a pinch of your chili powder.
3. After your onions are softened. Add your ground beef and start sautéing that with your onions. Add a tablespoon of chili powder and paprika and a teaspoon of salt. Once your beef is fully cooked add your zucchini and peppers and let sit on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
4. Next, add your canned tomatoes and 1 small can of water.
5. Then add the rest of your seasoning and stir in well.
6. Now let the chili cook for 2 hours on low (the longer it cooks the better it tastes).
7. You will see as you cook it down the liquid will thicken and look more like a traditional chili.
Get your bowl out, serve and enjoy!
Nutritional InformationCalories: 331
Protein: 35.5 grams
Fats: 16.8 grams
Carbs: 9.4 grams
Sugar: 2.3 grams