This is a fun recipe for kids to help with and eat! You can cook and chop the ingredients, and the kids can have fun filling the cups! Makes 6 servings.
3 cups cooked rice (1/2 cup per serving)
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or dairy free cheese)
1 avocados, diced (4 cubes per serving)
1 cup chunky salsa, homemade or salsa of choice
Cilantro, optional garnish
1 lbs. extra lean ground turkey
1/4 cup water
Seasoning for the ground turkey:
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cook the rice as directed.
2. Cook turkey as specified on the package.
3. Add taco seasoning and water, stir, simmering 10 minutes or hot.
4. Set out the black beans, shredded cheese, diced avocado and salsa (along with any other mix-ins).
5. Spoon the ingredients into cups. Eat. Repeat.
6. Serve in a bowl or cup, enjoy!
Nutritional InformationCalories: 406
Protein: 23.3 grams
Fats: 15.6 grams
Carbs: 41.3 grams
Sugar: 2.3 grams