A great Christmas treat! The combo of peppermint and chocolate is a winning combination! Try them and you’ll be baking them every Christmas! Makes 24 cookies.
2/3 cup blanched almond flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup stevia
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. mint extract
1 organic candy cane, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In medium mixing bowl, sift together almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, with electric beaters on medium, cream together coconut oil and stevia.
4. Then beat in eggs one at a time and finally vanilla and mint extracts.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredient and mix until dough starts to form.
6. Divide dough and roughly shape into 24 balls.
7. Bake on parchment paper lined baking sheet for 7 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and with the bottom of a glass slightly flatten cookie.
9. Return to oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
10. These will be soft when fresh out of the oven but crisp up as they cool.
11. Remove cookies from baking sheet immediately and cool on rack.
12. With a spray bottle filled with water, lightly mist each cook and then sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
Nutritional InformationCalories: 68
Protein: 1.9 grams
Fats: 5.6 grams
Carbs: 3.4 grams
Sugar: .9 grams