This is a simple but fabulous bread, super-moist and flavorful! This is great addition to your breakfast or snack! The nutritional value is based on 12 slices, or you can also make them into muffins! Enjoy!
1 cup shredded carrots
1 large zucchini chopped
1 pink lady apple (peeled and chopped)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup Stevia
1 cup almond flour
2 servings vanilla protein powder
2/3 cup egg whites
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 teaspoon stevia
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. First need to shred your zucchini and carrots. Use the shredding attachment on your food processor/blender or take the long route using a cheese grater.
2. Once your zucchini and carrots are shredded, you need to remove the excess liquid. What I did was place a couple paper towels down on the counter, throw the zucchini/carrots on top, then place another paper towel on top of the zucchini/carrots then squeezed. The more you squeeze, the more liquid will come out. Use more paper towels as needed, but be sure to squeeze until the zucchini and carrots feels water-less.
3. Place zucchini and carrots in a bowl.
4. Now shred your apple. I peeled the skin on the apple, but you don’t have time or want to keep it on.
5. Toss together your zucchini and apple in your bowl then add the rest of your ingredients and mix well.
6. Place bread mix on a greased bread pan or a silicon bread container (which is what I used).
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean after you poke the bread.
8. Once, cooled (1 hour) you can if you please frost the bread with the protein frosting. You can add more or less depending on your taste.
Slice and Enjoy!
Nutritional InformationCalories: 98
Protein: 10 grams
Fats: 5.5 grams
Carbs: 8.2 grams
Sugar: 4.2 grams