Cauliflower takes the place of bread in the low-carb stuffing of your dreams, so many variations you can try but who doesn’t love bacon?! This recipe makes 8 servings.
8 ounces bacon, chopped
1 cup diced onion
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
12 ounces sliced portabella mushrooms
6 cups cauliflower rice
1/4 cup chicken bone broth
1 cup fresh spinach
4 sprays Braggs Amino Acids
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2. If necessary, make cauliflower crumbles. Add cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse until broken down into coarse crumbles. Set aside. Or make things easier and buy 3 bags of Green Giant (or brand like), frozen cauliflower rice. If you use the frozen cauliflower rice, steam the bags and set aside.
- 3. On a skillet, cook the bacon pieces over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon and set the bacon aside.
- 4. Add the bacon in a pot, cook on medium-high heat and add onion, garlic, and thyme. Cook for 3 minutes until slightly browned and tender. Add mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Stir in cauliflower crumbles and broth, cooking for 5 minutes. Add spinach, and Braggs amino acid spray, stirring until spinach has wilted. Remove from heat.
- 6. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutritional InformationCalories: 188
Protein: 13.5 grams
Fats: 12 grams
Carbs: 7 grams
Sugar: 2.3 grams