Here is another yummy cauliflower recipe that I will for sure have on my list to make again, and will also be added to my up and coming cookbook. This one rocks my socks off, not only because the taste but the nutritional facts that go along with it. This is gluten free, dairy free (optional), low sugar and carbs, and low in fat. All-in-all perfect in my book! Add some protein to the side of this and you got a perfect meal! Makes 12, serving size is 3 (based on off the nutritional facts).
1 head cauliflower
2 egg whites
3/4 cup Daiya Shredded Cheese Mozzarella (or cheese of choice)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning (Mrs Dash)
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 cup Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Rinse cauliflower, remove outer leaves and separate into florets with a paring knife. Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until "rice" texture.
2. Place in a baking dish and bake for 20 mins.
3. Remove cooked cauliflower from the oven and transfer to a bowl lined with a linen towel (or doubled cheesecloth).
4. Let the cauliflower cool down a bit until it is safe to touch, about 15 minutes.
5. Fold up the cheesecloth/towel holding by the ends and twisting to squeeze the liquid out of the cauliflower "ball" as hard as you can. 6. Do this a few times until barely any liquid comes out (I squeezed about 1 cup of liquid).
7. Increase oven to 450 degrees.
8. Transfer cauliflower to a mixing bowl along with egg whites, 1/2 cup cheese, herb seasoning, black pepper, pinch of salt and mix to combine.
9. Transfer cauliflower mixture onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten with your hands into a rectangle, approximately 9" x 7" size and 1/4" thick.
10. Bake for 18 minutes, remove from the oven and top with remaining cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes and then broil until cheese turns golden brown (about 1 minute).
Cut into 12 breadsticks and serve hot with warm pizza sauce, enjoy!
Nutritional InformationCalories: 165
Protein: 14.7 grams
Fats: 4.6 grams
Carbs: 11.4 grams
Sugar: 5.4 gram