Think of a sweet, crunchy, tart salad rolled all in one. This is a perfect go to salad for lunches for the week, or even a salad to share at small social event. You can still eat healthy in the summer, and with all these powerhouse ingredients will leave you satisfied on a warm summer day. Makes 3 servings, add some protein to complete this meal. Enjoy!
1 pink grapefruit
1 naval orange
4 cups, shredded romaine lettuce
1 cup, shredded carrots
1 stalk celery, sliced
3 cups, shredded kale
2 cups, shredded cabbage
Juice of half a lemon
1/8 cup, chopped turkey bacon
1/8 cup, sunflower seeds
½ cup Bolthouse Farms ® Extra Virgin Olive Oil Raspberry Merlot
1. Slice the citrus. Cut the bottom and top of each citrus fruit. Stand the fruit up on its bottom and slice down the fruit, removing all of the peel and as much of the pith as possible. Once entirely peeled, turn the citrus on its side and slice into rounds. Set aside.
2. Fry bacon until done to your liking. Set aside till cool enough to chop.
3. In a medium bowl, toss together lettuce, carrots, celery, kale, cabbage, dressing, lemon juice, bacon, and sunflower seeds. Toss well with a covered bowl.
4. Arrange the citrus rounds on a round plate leaving space in the center of the plate for the greens.
5. Add the tossed greens and add to your liking a protein source to the meal.
Dayna's Tip: Add 3-4oz. protein (your choice) to complete this meal.
Nutritional InformationCalories: 120
Protein: 8 grams
Fats: .5 grams
Carbs: 25.2 grams
Sugar: 19.2 grams