Every time I’m pregnant I crave CAKE in a bad way! It is beyond ridiculous actually, I never give in for the real deal because I know it really isn’t worth the calories, sugar and fat that comes with it. So instead I made something so good, I can’t even tell that this in not the real deal! OH MY GOODNESS, I’m doubling up this recipe for the next week since I ate these 9 bars in 3 days. Enjoy this one, I did!
Makes 9 Bars
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tbsp. coconut flour
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 Scoops vanilla protein powder (or 2 servings of your favorite protein powder-I used Plant Fusion)
1/2 cup silken soft tofu (organic) or 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1/8 cup stevia
2 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. xanthan
2 tbsp. natural sprinkles or sprinkles of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together tofu/or greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, stevia and almond extract until mixed and smooth.
3. Add in eggs and continue to whisk until smooth.
4. Add in almond and coconut flours, vanilla protein powder, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum and whisk again until smooth.
5. Stir sprinkles in by hand.
6. Pour the batter into the greased (non-stick spray) baking dish and bake for 17-20 minutes on the middle rack.
7. Allow to cool completely before serving. Store in a covered container in the fridge for 1 week.
Nutritional InformationCalories: 64 for 1/9th of the dish
Protein: 7.1 grams
Fats: 3.2 grams
Carbs: 1.9 grams
Sugar: 1 gram