This Gingerbread Protein Cake was so simple to make and tasty, too! Jazz them up by making cookies or even cut out cookies! This recipe is just as nature intended; perfectly good for you and deliciously satisfying. There are so few healthy desserts out there which taste this yummy for the holiday season– so try it out and let me know what you think! This recipe makes 18 squared, bars.
2 cup almond flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
1/8 cup stevia
1 tbsp. molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 9x13 inch glass cake pan or spray with non-stick spray. I use this sprayer filled with high-oleic sunflower oil.
3. In medium mixing bowl, sift together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, with electric beaters on medium, mix together eggs, pumpkin, granulated sweetener and molasses until smooth.
5. Add dry to wet and combine on low speed until smooth.
6. Pour batter into cake pan and smooth with spatula.
7. Bake for 30 minutes then cover with a sheet of parchment paper and return to oven for 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
8. Completely cool on rack before cutting and serving.
Nutritional InformationCalories: 98
Protein: 4.2 grams
Fats: 7.3 grams
Carbs: 6.1 grams
Sugar: 1.9 grams