March is here and so that mean St. Patrick’s Day! Let’s celebrate with good food, with a healthy twist! I hope you enjoy!
1 tablespoon almond or sunflower oil
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
1 large onion, finely diced
3 -4 large carrots, finely diced
1 cup spinach-fresh and chopped
1 cup kale-fresh and chopped
3 -4 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
2 tablespoons almond flour
1 cup gluten-free chicken stock
2 large sweet potato mashed
3 egg whites
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2. Sauté carrots in the almond or sunflower oil until starting to get tender.
3. Add in the onions and sauté for a minute or two then add the meat.
4. Season with black pepper and thyme.
5. Cook until browned then drain fat.
6. Add in the spinach and kale, and sauté for 5 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with flour and stir through.
9. Let this reduce slightly then add the chicken stock.
10. Remove from heat.
11. Spray dish (9 X 13) pan cover the bottom with the meat and veggies.
12. Spoon or pipe the mashed sweet potatoes over top.
13. Brush with egg white and egg (blend them together) over the top of the sweet potatoes.
14. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the potato is nice and browned on top.
Serve warm and Enjoy!