These fluffy, healthy pancakes that are laced with hearty oats and warming you up on those chilly mornings. Since they are made with oat flour, they are gluten free (if, you get the gluten-free oats)! Note that these pancakes should be cooked low and slow—use a lower temperature than you would with other pancakes so that the insides of the thick batter get nice and fluffy, but the outsides don’t get overdone. This recipe serves 1.
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 tsp salt
2-3 packets stevia
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp. applesauce
½ scoop vanilla protein powder
1. Stir together all dry ingredients, then whisk in liquid to form a thin pancake batter.
2. Let the batter sit 10 minutes.
3. Spray a pan with non-stick spray and turn to medium heat.
4. As soon as the pan is hot, add a ladle of batter about the size of your palm to the middle of the pan, and tilt the pan to spread the batter out a little.
5. Turn to medium-low, and heat until the pancake is no longer runny.
6. Then use a pancake spatula to remove from the heat. Repeat with the remaining batter, stopping to re-grease the pan as needed.
7. The first pancake sometimes comes out a bit funny looking, but successive batches cook much more evenly.
Dayna’s Tip: The pancakes freeze well.
Nutritional InformationCalories: 307
Protein: 25 grams
Fats: 8.9 grams
Carbs: 32.7 grams
Sugar: 4 grams