If you are like most parents, you were up very early with the kiddos the day of daylight savings time. So this was a little number that we put together this morning, this little snack is loaded with oatmeal, peanut butter and ground walnuts. These little bites have approximately 2 grams of protein each, so not much or a protein snack but an energy snack for your kiddos! You could add more protein, if you add some protein (1-2 scoops) powder into the mix. This recipe makes 15 energy bite balls. Enjoy!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup ground walnuts or almonds
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- 2. Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheet. Roll into balls.
- 3. Freeze for at least one hour, or until firm.
- 4. Store in freezer or refrigerator.
Nutritional InformationCalories: 122
Protein: 3.9 grams
Fats: 7.2 grams
Carbs: 12.2 grams
Sugar: 7.2 grams