Muffin + Low Carb? Yes, this just happened! These are so good and so perfect for the fresh rhubarb we are getting from the garden. Don’t like rhubarb? You can swap out rhubarb for any type of berries and make this a perfect little snack or breakfast!
2 cups egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal or almond flour
1 cup chopped rhubarb
1/8 cup Stevia
1 juiced lemon or use 1 drop of Lemon Young Living Oil in each muffin cup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2. Chop all rhubarb into 1/2 inch chunks.
3. Mix the egg whites, oatmeal (almond flour), Stevia, and juiced lemon.
4. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray or spread coconut oil in each cup.
5. Pour 1/4 cup egg-oatmeal mixture into each cup.
6. Lately, toss in rhubarb into each cup (roughly 1 tablespoon).
7. Bake the egg muffins for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
8. Take out and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Nutritional InformationCalories: 42
Protein: 6 grams
Fats: .4 grams
Carbs: 3.6 grams