One of the most delicious and easiest pie recipes I know, and perfect for a summer day! With all the strawberry picking everyone is doing, this is a perfect pie to make and use up all those farm fresh goodies! This pie makes 8 sliced servings. Enjoy!
1 1/4 cup almond meal
½ cup vanilla whey or pea protein powder
1/3 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
3 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
1/8 cup + 1 Tbsp. Stevia
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (to firm up filling)
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine crust ingredients and press evenly on bottom and sides of pie pan.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until crust begins to brown.
4. Increase oven heat to 400 degrees.
5. In a medium bowl add in the strawberries and stevia.
6. Carefully sprinkle xanthan gum over mixture and stir very well to combine.
7. Spread strawberry mixture over crust.
8. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, vanilla and 1 Tbsp. stevia.
9. Pour evenly over strawberry mixture in crust.
10. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
11. Bake for another 30-35 minutes, or until filling is completely set.
12. Let cool in pan.
Optional Tip: You can add a sprinkle of crushed topping walnuts or shredded coconut flakes.
Nutritional InformationCalories: 235
Protein: 10 grams
Fats: 18.3 grams
Carbs: 10 grams
Sugar: 5.1 grams