This one looks a little weird for a pizza but hey, don’t knock till you try it. I even had my hubby ask to make this for every meal, so let’s just say…it’s pretty good. This pizza will serve 3 people per serving. Great nutrition with great taste, enjoy!
For the Crust:
3 zucchini, chopped (3 cups)
1 large egg
½ cup egg whites
½ cup low fat mozzarella (I used Daiya dairy free cheese)
1 teaspoon red chili flakes
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Mr. Dash ® Garlic and Herb
½ cup mozzarella cheese
2/3 cup pizza sauce
Protein of choice (we used ½ lbs. extra lean ground turkey)
Optional: Basil for garnish, onions, mushrooms, spinach, etc.
1. Preheat your oven to 450.
2. Wash and grate your zucchinis using a cheese grater, blender, or food processor (I used my Ninja ® mini blender).
3. Add to a bowl and allow let the zucchini sit for 10 minutes.
4. Drain excess water using a cheese cloth, paper towel or a colander using the back of a spoon to press out water.
5. Add zucchini, 1 whisked egg, ½ cup egg whites, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, seasoning into the bowl and mix everything till combined.
6. Lay a piece of parchment paper on a pizza stone, spray with a non-stick spray (yes, both because this pizza will stick) then, spread zucchini mixture into a circle using a spatula.
7. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, add the pizza sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and toppings of choice.
9. Return the pizza to oven for another 5-10 minutes.
10. Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and enjoy!
Nutritional InformationCalories: 330
Protein: 34 grams
Fats: 14.3 grams
Carbs: 14.8 grams
Sugar: 5.6 grams