With the abundance of zucchini that is coming out of the garden’s I had to make something that with the very popular summer ingredient. This recipe makes 8 large slices, add melted nut butter for the topping and it will make a yummy breakfast! Enjoy!
½ cup egg whites
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 medium to large zucchini, grated using large holes on grater and liquid squeezed using a dishtowel
1/8 cup stevia
1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
¾ cup almond flour
1 cup protein vanilla powder (I use a plant protein, whey works fine too)
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly spray a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, crack and beat egg with egg whites.
4. Combine mashed bananas, zucchini, coconut oil and vanilla with the egg.
5. In a separate large bowl, mix together the almond flour, chia seeds, protein powder, baking powder, stevia, salt and cinnamon.
6. Gradually stir liquid mixture into flour mixture. (Do NOT over mix- only mix just until you no longer see dry flour).
7. Transfer mixture to greased pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry and the top is golden brown.
8. Allow bread to cool about 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Dayna’s Tip: Because there are no preservatives in the bread, it won't last long setting out on your counter. I would recommend storing it in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Nutritional InformationCalories: 152
Protein: 12.5 grams
Fats: 7.7 grams
Carbs: 11.3 grams
Sugar: 4.5 grams