What goes better with oats? You guessed it, blueberries! This combo is good in oatmeal, and in muffins. This is a easy breakfast or snack on the go. We are all busy so why not free up some time and make these for the week, a perfect grab and go breakfast or snack. Enjoy!
Makes 12 muffins. Serving Size: 2 muffins (or 1 for snack)
3 cups rolled oats (gluten-free, if necessary)
3 scoops vanilla protein powder (3/4 cup)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup stevia
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp. hemp seeds
2 cups frozen/fresh blueberries (I used frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl combine oats, protein powder, baking powder, stevia, cinnamon and sea salt.
3. In a separate bowl combine eggs, vanilla extract, applesauce, coconut oil, and almond milk.
3. Grease a muffin pan very well with non-stick spray.
4. Divide batter evenly among muffin tin.
5. Stir in blueberries into each one.
6. Sprinkle hemp seeds evenly across cups.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes (mine took 18 minutes).
8. Let cool for 20 minutes before removing to cool completely.
9. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
Dayna’s Tip: These freeze well. I take two out in the morning and microwave it for 20-30 seconds.
Nutritional InformationCalories: 304 (for 2)
Protein: 20 grams
Fats: 7.1 grams
Carbs: 41 grams
Sugar: 9.6 grams