This content is available only to registered users.
You can view our membership options by Clicking Here.
1 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil or fat of choice
½ sweet onion, diced
½ red peppers--cut into thin strips
2 pepperoncini peppers--cut into thin strips
6 oz. fresh spinach
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 ½ teaspoon fresh oregano or ½ tsp dried oregano
Sea salt and pepper
Squeeze of lemon
1 cup low sodium chicken stock
½ cup white wine (optional, but highly recommended. It imparts amazing flavor throughout the chicken)
1/3 cup feta cheese, if you tolerate dairy. If not, leave out.
Optional Toppings: fresh parsley, fresh oregano, or fresh mint, squeeze of fresh lemon.
1. Cut a deep slit in the middle of one side of each chicken breast so that you form a deep pocket. Generously salt and pepper each side of the chicken and set aside.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, pour in the olive oil. Cook the peppers and onion for just a minute or two until they are no longer raw. 3. Add in your garlic and spinach and cook just until spinach is wilted. Add in your fresh or dried oregano and an additional pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
4. If you are using feta, stuff a heaping teaspoon of feta into the pocket of your chicken, making sure to stuff it as far back as you can go.
5. Then spoon equal amounts of spinach/pepper mixture into each chicken breast.
6. Add the stuffed chicken breasts to the crock pot.
7. Squeeze a small splash of fresh lemon juice over the chicken.
8. Add the chicken stock and wine to the crock pot.
9. Cover the lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
10. Top with any optional toppings if you wish and serve.
Nutritional InformationCalories: 258
Protein: 29 grams
Fats: 10.5 grams
Carbs: 7.1 grams
Sugar: 2.5 grams