Eggplant slices are dipped in egg and almond meal, and then baked instead of fried. The slices are layered with spaghetti sauce and it tastes amazing! Makes 4 yummy servings! Enjoy!
Salt and pepper
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tbs. garlic powder
1 1/2 cups almond flour/meal
1 tsp garlic minced
1 14.5 oz can organic tomato sauce
1 14.5 oz can organic diced tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350. Start by slicing your eggplant.
2. Now, in a sauce pan combine tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper, Italian seasoning.
3. Let simmer on low for about 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
4. While that is cooking. Place egg in a small bowl and beat. In another small bowl combine almond flour, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and Toni's seasoning.
5. Heat olive oil in a skillet. Dip each piece of eggplant in egg mixture and then almond flour mixture and fry in olive oil on both sides.
6. Once all eggplant is cooked, place it in a baking dish and top with tomato sauce.
7. Now bake for 20 minutes.
Nutritional InformationCalories: 305
Fats: 19.9 grams
Carbs: 25.6 grams
Sugar: 12.7 grams