This is a quick and easy recipe. I’m always looking for ways to cut out excess fat so I use reduced-fat cheese and extra lean turkey. This is a meal that is one of our families favorite and something my picky 5 year old will eat. This recipe serves 4.
1 lb. extra-lean ground turkey breast
1 can (15.5 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
1 can (14.5 oz) diced organic tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
8 flour tortillas, medium (low carb, or corn tortilla, GF)
2/3 cup 1% Fat, Mexican four cheese blend, shredded (or vegan cheddar shredded cheese)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. chipotle chills in adobo sauce
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
3/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
1. To make the sauce, coat bottom of saucepan with non-stick spray.
2. Sauté garlic.
3. Then add chiles, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and broth.
4. Bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
6. In a large non-stick skillet, brown ground turkey.
7. Add chopped onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, beans, tomatoes, cilantro, green chiles.
8. Stir and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
9. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
10. Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray.
11. Place 1/2 cup of the turkey mixture into the center of each tortilla and roll it up.
12. Place in baking dish, seam side down.
13. Top enchiladas with sauce and sprinkle cheese evenly over pan.
14. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
15. Remove foil and continue baking until lightly brown.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutritional InformationCalories: 338
Protein: 35.5 grams
Fats: 12.0 grams
Carbs: 25.3 grams (with corn tortilla)
Sugar: 1.3 grams